Sunday, August 7, 2016

Making new and happy memories.....

I didn't realise how long it had been since I last posted on my blog .......April 2014.  My life has taken a few detours of late and I thought that writing in my blog would be a good way of expressing myself.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago I was asked to leave the job that I had been in for seven and a half years.  I was totally devastated.  I loved my job so much, but there was nothing I could do.  It hasn't been easy, in fact it's been a very rocky road, and it certainly didn't happen in the way that I thought I would end up leaving my job.  The whole thing has probably been more like a Roller Coaster, than a rocky road.

Sadly with what has happened I find it difficult to look at my happy memories from the past.   So right now I am busy making new and happy memories for myself.  I am focusing on what it is that I can do to make my future a good one.

Sometimes when things like this happen you rethink what you are doing and you come to major decisions in your life, and to that end I am moving from where I am now, back home to Melbourne.  This has given me a happy thought.  I will be back near to my children, which will be really nice. 

As a consequence of moving back home, I have much to do here and now.  I am having a BIG CLEAN UP .......a total declutter; being ruthless and getting rid of as much 'junk' as I can.  You know those things that you pack away in boxes, or that sit on a shelf in the cupboard and if you are honest with yourself you never use.... in fact you actually have to ask yourself when was the last time that you used them.......well those are the things that I am giving away or getting rid of.


Now that I am not working, I am studying, taking the time to read some great novels and as a result finding new authors (Judy Nunn and Liane Moriarty), both of which I love.  I have a pile of books waiting to be read.  I am also knitting my mum a rug.  Mum has dementia and lives in a nursing home in Tasmania.  I just thought that a bright rug (photos to follow) would be nice on her bed.  I know she won't realise who made it for her, but even if she doesn't, I know that I have knitted it for her and it has been made with much love.

...........Till next time   


4 comments:

Anna Prasad said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles! But so happy for you that you are moving home...isn't getting ready for a move cathartic? We have two weeks until we move to Australia from the UK and I have found the packing to be amazingly cleansing. Good luck with your move!

Unknown said...

I am so excited to hear that you are moving to Australia, that will be a big move with 2 little ones. It is definitely cathartic moving. I have found throwing out junk to be wonderful.....helps to get rid of my frustrations. Good luck with your move. Do you have a Facebook?

سعيد القحطانى said...

شركات نقل الاثاث فى الدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
شركة نقل اثاث بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركات نقل الاثاث بالقطيف

zatelemad.co said...

افضل شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالاحساء
شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث بالبقيق
شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف