Sunday, April 27, 2014

OBSTACLES don't have to stop you .......


I realised today that I haven’t blogged in slightly more than a month.  I enjoy blogging but don’t always get the time to sit down and write.

This month has been one of progress and learning.  I am learning so much about myself, which is a good thing, given that I have some time yet to grow and progress in this life.  I love my life and am learning that each day there is a lesson in life.  It might only be something small, but it might be something that will make a huge difference to who we are and where we go in this life.

I am still on my journey to better health and being fitter and along the way I am still losing weight.  I have now lost 18kgs….. could be more but haven’t weighed myself in a couple of weeks.  I don’t like weighing myself all the time because whilst I want to keep losing weight and that is part of the goal, I am happy if I am increasing my fitness and feeling healthier along the way.  I figure that the weight will come off with time.

I am getting fitter and that is awesome.  The biggest thing I am learning through all of this is that I can keep on going.  Sometimes it is hard and I don’t want to keep going.  My personal trainer has me doing a variety of workouts at the gym.  Sometimes it is legwork, sometimes cardio, and sometimes upper body.  All of these have different challenges.  No matter what, the important thing I have learnt is to keep going and even more important is the fact that I have kept on going.  I have risen to the challenges even when it has been really hard and I did not want to keep on going. 

For every step that we take forward and every success that we have we learn something about our self, who we are as a person.  We may have days when things don’t go the way that we would like or we may have days when we go backwards, but that is not the end of our journey.  Going backwards does not mean failure.  Once upon a time if that happened to me I would have given up and not tried again for a very long time.  I am finding with time and the progression of my journey that a step backwards does not mean failure, and so I move on a lot more quickly now and get back to where I was before.

If I can say anything to those reading this blog is DON’T GIVE UP.  Set goals and keep on going no matter what happens.  When you do take a step backwards, don’t see it as THE END, see it as a hiccup in this journey called life and you will progress and move on eventually.

I like being the age I am now ….. yes I am 55 years old ….. I would have thought that it was REALLY old once, but it doesn’t seem old at all any more.  I guess because it’s where I am right now.  Age is just a number anyway and I am not a numbers person.  I find as I get older, some of the things that were important to me when I was younger, really don’t matter that much any more.  

v I realise that I don’t care as much about what other people think of me any more.  I care what I think of me and what I am doing in my life.  I care whether I am a good person or not or what I am doing to make the world a better place.  If others don’t like me then so be it.  That is their decision, their choice. 
v I realise more and more that what I do in this life has an impact on others.  I want to be the best person I can be.  I don’t care that other people are different to me; it doesn’t matter any more.  I can still exist in the world with them.
v I want to make a difference in the lives of others.  I can do that by showing respect to all fellow human beings.  By being there for others when they need me.  I can make a difference by using kind words and by taking the time to listen and try to understand what others are going through. 
v One of the biggest things I have come to realise during this past month is that some people come into this life, this earthly existence, not because they need to be here to learn anything, but because we need them here to teach us something.  I spent a weekend with my brother and sister-in-law and their 2 beautiful, beautiful children my niece and nephew, who both have Autism.  I spent time with 2 little angels.  What a blessing they are to this life and this world.  These little souls teach us much about love, and that there are more than words to communication.  They teach us to love no matter what. 

The world can be a very harsh place for some of us and so why not strive to make that world a little better for everyone in it.

I have done a few other things this month and will write about them in subsequent posts. 

and so the journey Continues .........

3 comments:

Anna Prasad said...

Wow, 18kgs well done! I am inspired by your journey and what you are learning. Very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your massive loss! 18kg is a fabulous result - keep going!

So many of your lessons are really resonating with me - I have come to a lot of the same conclusions and it's rather liberating.

Hope you're having a fabulous day!

zatelemad.co said...

افضل شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالاحساء
شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث بالبقيق
شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف