Sunday, March 23, 2014

IF WE KNEW HOW POWERFUL OUR THOUGHTS ARE ......


I am still plodding along on my journey to a healthier (both mentally and physically), fitter me and I love it.  My life is so different now.  I am learning so much about myself.  Sure it is a challenge at times, but then who doesn’t have a life with some sort of challenge in it.  I always think, how would you learn and grow and progress even, without challenge.  I go to the gym 6 days in 7: walking 7klm one day and doing a gym session the other.  I have to pinch myself sometimes to check that this is for real.  At the end of last year, and despite having set my goal, I still didn’t know how I was going to achieve it.  Guess when you want to achieve a goal, you just go ahead and do it; exactly what I have done.
Life is like a Roller Coaster - sometimes up and sometimes down (I've posted about this before).  There are times when you are all set for a great day and it doesn’t quite turn out quite the way you planned.  I’ve had my share of ups and downs of late.  Sometimes it feels like more downs.  One moment I’m on top of the world and the next I’m struggling to make it through another day.  The important thing here is not so much that I am having a bad day, but rather how I handle that.  What I say to myself when I am feeling low.

I have come to realise that apart from making a decision to reach my goal, the single most important thing along the way is SELF-TALK.  How you talk to yourself makes all the difference.  Oh sure, some people would think you mad if you talked to yourself.  You don’t have to talk out loud, but rather it’s more the voice inside my head giving me positive feedback, when I don’t necessarily feel positive.

The past will come up to bite you on the backside if you aren’t aware of it.  If you don’t have a back up plan for the moment when the negative voices from the past come to drag you back there, then you will go right along with them, falling into that old trap of believing what you think.  Those thoughts are not always reality.  Before you know it you are back in the past with no hope of achieving your dream.

So my advice is to say as many positive things as you can to yourself.  Find heaps of quotes and sayings: read them and say them over and over to yourself.  Affirm the good in you and who you are.  At first you might find it confronting (I know I did), not very easy and somewhat unbelievable.  When I first started saying good things to myself; quotes, sayings and the like, I struggled to believe what I was reading/saying.  Actually believing what I was saying wasn’t exactly the problem, but rather believing it about me was more to the point.

Finally in the journey, I am starting to say these things to myself and I actually believe them.  It isn’t always something I do well, but at least I am putting in the effort and the only way to make it work, is to keep on putting one foot in front of the other and doing it regularly, no doing it daily and it does get easier and you do start to believe it more with each passing day.

I honestly believe we were born into this world to learn, to grow and progress and to achieve.  I know everyone doesn’t believe in God/Heavenly Father, but I do and I believe that he knew what we were all capable of, but we don’t know what we are capable of.  It is only through our experiences, achievements and even our failures, that we learn our true potential.  I am learning much about myself and what I am capable of through this road that I have taken, this journey that I am on.  Oh and I am so grateful 
for the opportunity, for without it I would not know my true potential.


I am also grateful for those along the way, those who cross my path, that help me to learn lessons in life, great or small, but lessons nonetheless.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great outlook and attitude. You're right, our thoughts are 100% responsible for our feelings so they should be as positive as they can be. You're really achieving and I'm envious of that! :) Can't wait to see you go out and achieve more!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Very inspiring post, and just what I needed to read today. You're so right about the self-talk. It's such an important skill to develop.

Good on you for taking on the challenge of living healthier. I look forward to hearing how your journey progresses.

zatelemad.co said...

افضل شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالاحساء
شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث بالبقيق
شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف